Sunday, June 24, 2012

"How Many Times" Written June 24, 2012

How many times have you done this to me?
How many times have I been blamed?
You tell me I'm overreacting,
I'm the bad guy, it's always the same.

How many times have you not cared?
How many times have I wanted you there?
How many times can you break my heart,
More blame on my shoulders than I can bare.

How many times have you yelled at me?
How many times have you done the same thing?
Yet I do it once and everyone sees,
That I'm the bad guy and you're so sweet.

You yelled at me for leaving,
But you have left me before,
So this one time I'm not believing,
That next time you'll walk through that door.

They blame me for everything,
But when you never show, they are blind.
I guess I'm still overreacting,
To ever think your love could be kind.

How many times must I hurt?
How many times must I fight?
You shove my face in the dirt,
Ask me what it's like to feel alive.

How many times must I be left crying?
How many times will you walk away?
I get blamed cause my love for you is dying,
You're so innocent, but not to me!

1 comment: