Saturday, June 2, 2012

"No Longer Your Love" Written March 17, 2012


I'm just a fifteen year old girl,
Stuck in my own little world,
When you tried to fit in there,
My brain was in control, my heart was scared.
I don't need anyone to be happy,
I don't need a guy standing here beside me.
Trust me I've tried,
To rely on them, but my heart was denied.
I'm standing on my own again,
Stepped off the road with you to pave a new way.
Through uncharted lands,
My heart is mine to defend.
Don't need a knight or his noble steed,
My friends, my family that's all I need.
When my knight turned into a dragon,
My heart was nervous and slowly breaking.
Maybe my self-esteem isn't at an all-time high,
I'm not perfect but that's alright.
Maybe one day I'll find a guy who sees through my flaws,
One who has love instead of greedy paws.
But until them I'll watch the sun set through my own eyes,
I won't have to live through the lies.
Consider me gone by morning,
I don't want to be tied down anymore, darling.
So why don't you let your heart forget me?
And stop trying to love me.
I'm just a girl, not your fate,
Please move on it's not too late.
I'll pull my mask up so you can't see my face,
Open the door and walk away.
Just let me go, you never faught for me in the first place,
Time for me to break away.
It's better to be unhappy alone,
Than to be happy with someone who stole away your hope.
I want to be free counting the stars,
Knowing there's nothing to change where we turned out.
I can't calm the storm you've brought on yourself,
I can't help the fact you didnt listen to my cry for help.Don't cry for me or the lack of,
I'm no longer your love.

No comments:

Post a Comment