Saturday, June 2, 2012

"I'll give my all" Written May 7, 2010

I am like a shadow,
Still there but unheard.
I am like a feathered wing,
The helpful tool of a bird.

The writer of this world I'm in,
The creater of my feelings, my movements, my words, and my thoughts,
He holds this world in the palm of his hands,
Like a thin orb of glass to never be dropped.

He gave me the will,
To walk that gravel road.
Even while the rest of the world lay still,
Onward I strode.

With tears streaming down my face,
And my muscles tensed with fear,
He willed me to continue that way,
His voice being the only thing I could hear.

He told me there was an angel there,
Awaiting for me to enter,
With a golden halo and wings made of silver.
And the purest of hearts right at the center.

I entered the house of the Lord that night,
And kneeled before the alter with a bowed head,
To him I gave my whole life,
and ended every prayer with "Amen".

No comments:

Post a Comment