Saturday, June 2, 2012

"The Past" Written June 2, 2011


Down the darkened valley,   
I wanted to disappear. 
My heart was getting heavy,
From soaking up all the tears. 

I was getting sick of, 
Running into every wall.
Just getting sick of,  
Everyone watching me fall.

That was my world of lies,
When I was alone at night.
But that’s all in the past,
And it didn’t last.
Am I getting stronger,
As the days grow longer? 
Or am I still in the past,
That I thought wouldn’t last?

Now I sit here,
Still all alone, 
Surrounded by a quiet,
That chills me to the bone.

Should I be scared,
Should I even care?

That was my world of lies,
But I’m still alone at night.
Thought it was in the past,
Thought it didn’t last.
Am I getting stronger,
As the days grow longer?
Or am I still in the past,
That I thought wouldn’t last?

I don’t want to go back down.
Into that toxic wasteland,
I’m about to drown,
 I’m extending my hand.

Drowning in my world of lies,
And I’m alone tonight,
I’m falling back into my past,
That I thought didn’t last.
 I thought I was getting stronger,
But the days are getting harder,
 ‘Cause all I’m stuck in the past,
That never should have been.

No comments:

Post a Comment